The IsaLean Shake serves as a nutritious meal replacement with a proper balance of protein, good fats, and low-glycaemic carbohydrates, along with a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, IsaLean Shake takes all of the guesswork out of proper weight management and muscle maintenance. As you’ll notice, each ingredient serves a purpose to make the shake a great tool for your health and weight management.
While some ingredients may have strange names, rest assured that they are entirely safe and good-natured, which is why they exist as components of our nutritious IsaLean™ Shake.
Let’s unpack each of these:
- Isomaltooligosaccharide powder: While somewhat difficult to pronounce, this source of digestion-resistant carbohydrate is quite natural and good for you. Oligosaccharides, in fact, are found in a variety of fruits and vegetables. The ingredient also acts as an important “prebiotic” that helps feed healthy intestinal microbes (1). A source of soluble fibre, it provides texture and viscosity to the IsaLean Shake.
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs): This ingredient is a source of minor amounts of saturated fat derived from coconut oil. But not all saturated fats are the same. In fact, unlike other long-chain varieties, these medium-chain fats are easily absorbed for quick energy. Additionally, studies show they can support greater calorie burning and weight control (2;3).
- Silicon dioxide: Silicon dioxide, or silica, is in almost everything you eat. It prevents formation of lumps and is often used in powders including cake mixes and flour, helping the IsaLean Shake to achieve a creamy texture. It exists naturally in all kinds of fruit and vegetables, as well as in packaged products. The amounts used in our IsaLean Shake are completely safe. Most importantly, it should not to be confused with the rubber-like or resin material know as ‘silicone’.
- Magnesium Stearate: As a magnesium salt of stearic acid, it is used in tiny amounts during manufacturing simply to help prevent sticking or clumping in undesired ways. It’s composed of magnesium and stearic acid, it’s completely safe and effective. Magnesium is an essential mineral while stearic acid is a saturated fat naturally found in beef and in cocoa butter.
Next time you see these ingredients on your IsaLean Shake label, you will understand the purpose they carry in our delicious IsaLean Shake. Careful attention is paid to all ingredients used in Isagenix products; any additives must be used in ways that naturally support the nutrition and appeal of the product. With the Isagenix product range, you can have confidence in our no-compromise promise and stringent quality assurance processes.
- Yen CH, Tseng YH, Kuo YW, Lee MC, Chen HL. Long-term supplementation of isomalto-oligosaccharides improved colonic microflora profile, bowel function, and blood cholesterol levels in constipated elderly people–a placebo-controlled, diet-controlled trial. Nutrition 2011;27:445-50.
- St-Onge MP, Jones PJ. Physiological effects of medium-chain triglycerides: potential agents in the prevention of obesity. J Nutr. 2002 Mar;132(3):329-32.
- St-Onge MP, Jones PJ. Greater rise in fat oxidation with medium-chain triglyceride consumption relative to long-chain triglyceride is associated with lower initial body weight and greater loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003 Dec;27(12):1565-71.