IsaLean™ Shakes are nutritious meal replacements on their own but blending in some of your favourite foods can be a great way to add variety to your Shake Day.
Shake add-ins can contribute to the nutritional profile of your IsaLean Shake and are an effective way to get additional nutrients. However, if your goal is weight loss be mindful of additional kilojoules when adding to your shake.
Here a few common add-ins that are about 200 kilojoules or less.
- ½ medium-sized banana: about 7 grams of sugar and 2 grams of fibre
- ½ tbsp peanut butter: about 4 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein
- ½ tbsp almond butter: about 4 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein
- 1 tbsp chia seeds: about 2 grams of protein and 5 grams of fibre
- 1 ½ tbsp ground flaxseeds: about 3 grams of fibre and 4 grams of fats
- 1 ½ tbsp oats: about 2 grams of fibre and 2 grams of protein
- 1 cup strawberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- 3/4 cups blueberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- ¾ cup raspberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- 1 cup kale: about 1 gram of protein and 1 gram fibre, adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- 1 cup spinach: about 1 of protein, 1 gram of fibre, adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- ½ tbsp coconut oil: about 7 grams of fat
If adding kilojoules is not an option for you, then try these low-kilojoule or kilojoule-free add-ins for some extra flavor on your Shake Day.
- A few drops mint extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Use 250 mL of iced coffee or iced green tea instead of water to prepare your shake
Use these recommendations on your next Shake Day to help you be mindful of how many kilojoules you are adding into your shake. Enjoy!