Supporting muscles during a workout is critical for athletes of all disciplines and important for anyone who wants to push through personal barriers during exercise. Whether you’re a runner looking to improve your marathon time, or a figure athlete looking to tone your physique, you can benefit from added muscle support during any workout.
AMPED™ BCAA Plus is an intra-workout supplement formulated to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, prevent muscle breakdown and reduce muscle fatigue. When sipped during your workout, this drink delivers concentrated branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) and other key ingredients to fuel muscle for maximum strength and endurance.
AMPED BCAA Plus is a stimulant-free formula that features L-carnitine to help sustain energy levels while supporting fat burning during exercise. Sipping AMPED BCAA Plus during training also contributes to good hydration, which is essential for maintaining performance during any workout.
What Makes This Formula So Unique?
AMPED BCAA Plus supplies BCAA’s and L-glutamine to promote the building and protection of lean muscle. These ingredients help activate the body’s mechanism for building and repairing muscle at a cellular level, known as mammalian target of rapamycin, or mTOR for short (1). Once activated, the mTOR pathway stimulates muscle building with the help of adequate dietary protein and consistent resistance exercise (1).
AMPED BCAA Plus contains vital ingredients to help reduce fatigue and maximise exercise capacity. In addition to their role in supporting muscle building, BCAAs also help fuel working muscle and support endurance (2, 3). Providing optimal nutritional support during workouts helps you train at peak capacity.
AMPED BCAA Plus contains a proprietary blend of ingredients to support you during your workout.
BCAA blend: L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine are essential amino acids, which are important for muscle recovery after strenuous workouts. Additionally, these amino acids stop muscle breakdown and are a readily available source of energy for working muscles (4-7).
Carnitine tartrate: This ingredient is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection and supports oxygen in muscle tissues (8-10). L-carnitine is an essential substance that the body needs to support fat burning during a workout. This nutrient enables fats to enter mitochondria in cells where fats are used for energy (11).
Glutamine, tyrosine, and histidine HCl: These supporting amino acids are essential for muscle recovery after a strenuous workout.
Make AMPED BCAA Plus Part of Your Workout
When you include AMPED BCAA Plus during your workouts, you are delivering vital BCAAs along with other powerful ingredients to your muscles, helping you push through your personal limits for optimal performance. Whether your goal is more gains, greater endurance or effective recovery, AMPED BCAA Plus will help you achieve your full potential.
The statements appearing in this article have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, diabetic, on medication, have a medical condition or are beginning a weight loss program, consult your GP before using Isagenix products or making any other dietary changes. Discontinue use if adverse event occur.
- Du M, et al. Leucine stimulates mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in C2C12 myoblasts in part through inhibition of adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase. J Animal Sci 2007; 85:919-27.
- Koo GH, Woo J, Kang S, et al. Effects of supplementation with BCAA and L-glutamine on blood fatigue factors and cytokines in juvenile athletes submitted to maximal intensity rowing performance. J Phys Ther Sci. 2014; 26(8): 1241-1246.
- Foure A and Bendahan D. Is branched-chain amino acids supplementation an efficient nutritional strategy to alleviate skeletal muscle damage? A systematic review. Nutrients. 2017 Sep; 9: 1047.
- Drummond MJ, et al. Rapamycin administration in humans blocks the contraction-induced increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis. The J of Physio. 2009; 587:1535-46.
- Doi M, et al. Isoleucine, a potent plasma glucose-lowering amino acid, stimulates glucose uptake in C 2 C 12 myotubes. Biochem and Biophys Res Commun. 2003; 312:1111-7.
- Doi M, et al. Hypoglycemic effect of isoleucine involves increased muscle glucose uptake and whole body glucose oxidation and decreased hepatic gluconeogenesis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2007; 292:E1683-E1693.
- Letto J, et al. Valine metabolism. Gluconeogenesis from 3-hydroxyisobutyrate. Biochem J. 1986; 240:909-12.
- Chang B, et al. L-carnitine inhibits hepatocarcinogenesis via protection of mitochondria. Int J Cancer. 2005; 113:719-29.
- Stephens FB, et al. Skeletal muscle carnitine loading increases energy expenditure, modulates fuel metabolism gene networks and prevents body fat accumulation in humans. J Physiol. 2013; 591:4655-66.
- Giamberardino MA, et al. Effects of prolonged L-carnitine administration on delayed muscle pain and CK release after eccentric effort. Int J Sports Med. 1996; 17:320-4.
- Longo N, Frigeni M, Pasquali M. Carnitine transport and fatty acid oxidation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016 Oct;1863(10):2422-35. doi: 10.1016/j.bbamcr.2016.01.023.