Cleanse days can be challenging. They require motivation, dedication, health-consciousness, restraint, and control. Deep cleansing, or performing two cleanse days in a row, is a mini-marathon, a chess game between you and your impulses. While you alone must do the hard work, support is key to achievement. Raising the stakes, here are the top secrets to claiming your deep cleansing success.
1. Drink water, water and more water. It’s easy to misunderstand your body’s thirst mechanism, but being out of touch is no reason to confound your deep cleanse. Sometimes we feel hungry when we are actually thirsty. Make sure to keep yourself very hydrated throughout your cleanse days. Remember, the products are an amazing support for your body during the release all of those nasty impurities but it’s your job to flush them out. A minimum of ten glasses of pure, plain water are recommended each and every day.
2. Snack to success. It’s critical to keep your blood sugar stable so that you can function optimally while still supporting your body’s release of fat. The Isagenix Snacks! wafers are small saviors that will do just that. Chew one wafer every couple of hours for a total of six to eight Snacks! throughout the day.
3. Get creative with Cleanse for Life™. Clearly the cleansing staple, Cleanse for Life can be enjoyed several ways on a cleanse day. Most cleansers will have 2 scoops of the powder four times per day on a cleanse day. However, if you want to take the bite out of your belly, consider dividing the doses in half—you also have the option of having 1 scoop of the powder eight times per day. Maybe make the whole batch and simply sip on it throughout the entire day.
4. Distract yourself from food. It may not seem in your nature to avoid your need to nurture, but whenever possible while cleansing, avoid cooking and preparing food for others. If you must cook for your family, plan to make something on that day that you don’t like or that really doesn’t tempt you. If you find your mind focusing on what you are dying to eat, gently move your thoughts to anything that is not food related. Better yet, think of how great you are going to feel about yourself when you’re finished with your deep cleanse days.
5. Don’t overdo exercise. Cleansing can make you feel like your energy is low. Stay in tune with your body. Don’t over do it. It’s okay if you want to do an easy workout, take a nice walk, or even do a light yoga class, but don’t push your body to the point of becoming overly stressed, especially while you are cleansing. Pushing to exhaustion can compromise your cleanse efforts, put the body in a state of alarm, or even spur a feverish binge.
Movement is important, so it’s suggested that some form of mild exercise be done on a cleanse day, but anything strenuous is not necessarily recommended.
6. Relax. Take a load off. It’s so important to rest your body. If you have the opportunity to relax on a cleanse day, take advantage of it. Improve your results and your body by improving your rest. Burning the candles at both ends is never a good idea, but especially during a deep cleanse. Proper rest is mandatory for your body to repair and rejuvenate.
7. Remember your IsaFlush. Make sure to take enough IsaFlush! to ensure normal, daily bowel movements. Getting moving and staying hydrated will help keep your body in alignment. Release the body fat as well as the food belly. Staying regular is important to your weight loss and important for sustaining a healthy gut. Keep those bowels moving well!
8. Visualise your success. See yourself attain your goal. So much of getting through cleanse days is the strong mindset of just doing it! Have a strong, clear vision of what you want to achieve for yourself. What is your desired weight? What size would you like to be? How clear will your skin be? How bright will your eyes be? See yourself as your picture of vibrant health and before you know it, you will look and feel fabulous!
9. Stay connected. Cleanse with a friend, call your coach, connect with your support team, chat with other Isa-friends who are cleansing too, or join a group cleanse. Take advantage of social media—talk to others on the ANZ Facebook page. These groups offer a wonderful community of people who share the passion for our products and who are actively working through the process of cleansing and replenishing. Finding a network of support is literally one click away!