If we’re honest, there comes the point in most health journey’s where you start to test what shortcuts you can get away with. It’s important not to confuse the flexibility of an Isagenix® System as an opportunity to cut corners!
Temptations can be particularly high when completing a 24-hour intermittent fast or Cleanse Day, but why is it so vital for you to be consistent with your servings of Cleanse for Life™ on a Cleanse Day?
Cleanse for Life is formulated with a nourishing blend of vitamins and botanical ingredients to reinforce your body’s natural process of renewal and detoxification. Peppermint and aloe soothe the digestive system, nourishing B vitamins support metabolism and a blend of adaptogenic herbs help reinforce the body’s resistance to stress.
A common concern with cleanses is the use of harsh laxatives and diuretic ingredients, but Cleanse for Life does not contain any laxatives or diuretics. Unlike other types of cleanses, the Isagenix System of nutritional cleansing is clinically tested to be effective and safe (1-3).
It’s scientifically tested for its benefits in supporting detoxification pathways in cells, which can be especially helpful on a Cleanse Day when the body’s natural detoxification systems work with fasting (4).
Most of us have been exposed to common environmental pollutants such as polychlorinated biphenyls or PCBs, for example. These environmental contaminants gradually accumulate in body fat through repeated exposure over time. When you’re fasting, your body draws on stored energy from fat. As your body releases these stores into the bloodstream for energy, contaminants like PCBs are also released (5,6).
As part of an Isagenix System of Shake Days and Cleanse Days, Cleanse for Life provided nutritional support in a study investigating the release of toxins during weight loss (6). In this study, an Isagenix System was compared to a heart-healthy diet comprised of ordinary, nutritious foods, which found that the nourishment provided by Isagenix products was associated with a reduction in measures of oxidative stress and improved antioxidant status during weight loss (6).
In short, you’re only selling yourself short of success by skipping your servings of Cleanse of Life during your intermittent fasting! Rediscover your passion for Cleanse for Life with our Cleanse for Life Peach Mango Flavour.
- Klempel MC, Kroeger CM, Bhutani S, Trepanowski JF, Varady KA. Intermittent fasting combined with calorie restriction is effective for weight loss and cardio-protection in obese women. Nutr J. 2012 Nov 21;11:98.
- Kroeger CM, Klempel MC, Bhutani S, Trepanowski JF, Tangney CC & Varady KA. Improvement in coronary heart disease risk factors during an intermittent fasting/calorie restriction regimen: Relationship to adipokine modulations. Nutr Metab. 2012 Oct 31; 9(1):98.
- Arciero PJ, Edmonds R, He F, Ward E, Gumpricht E, Mohr A, Ormsbee MJ & Astrup A. Protein-Pacing Caloric-Restriction Enhances Body Composition Similarly in Obese Men and Women during Weight Loss and Sustains Efficacy during Long-Term Weight Maintenance. Nutrients 2016, 8(8), 476.
- Gumpricht E, Kumar R, Hussain A, Sabarwal A, Ramteke A, Cho S, Deep G. A Natural Herbal Beverage Exhibits Significant Cytoprotection and Promotes Nrf-2 Activation in Cells April 2015 FASEB J 2015;29 (Supplement) Abstract # 607.1.
- La Merrill M, Emond C, Kim MJ, Antignac JP, Le Bizec B, Clément K, Birnbaum LS, Barouki R. Toxicological function of adipose tissue: focus on persistent organic pollutants. Environ Health Perspect. 2013 Feb;121(2):162-9. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1205485.
- He F, Zuo L, Ward E, Arciero PJ. Serum Polychlorinated Biphenyls Increase and Oxidative Stress Decreases with a Protein-Pacing Caloric Restriction Diet in Obese Men and Women. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2017, 14(1), 59; doi:10.3390/ijerph14010059.